To shop Blue Plasma, please click here.
I have had quite the love/hate relationship with peels – on one hand they give me promise of brighter, radiant and more perfect skin, while on the other hand they often leave me with flaky, dry and irritated patches. So when I was introduced to the new Blue Plasma, a non-acidic daily peel that is gentle enough for all skin types, I was curious to see how my skin would fare. Triumphantly, after only just one week, any prior notion I had vanished and what was left was simply amazing, glowing skin.
I dove in head first and began using the product twice daily as recommended, though I am quite diligent about using products religiously in order to give them time to produce results. Intermittent use of any skincare is never recommended – consistency is always more effective. But being the impatient New Yorker that I am, I definitely appreciate when results come almost immediately as with Blue Plasma. With ingredients such as magnolia bark for anti-inflammatory results, blueberry extracts to boost radiance and salmon egg enzyme to encourage peeling action, this product helps to dissolve skin cells revealing fresher more glowing skin.
Initially after the first application, I was delighted to see how hydrated my skin stayed throughout the day, which almost never occurs for me from an acid based product. This was the biggest point of differentiation that I found with Blue Plasma versus other peel products. Skin is often exfoliated, but at the expense of stripping all the hydration out of it, leaving red, flaky, dry patches all over. After just a few days, the texture of my skin was so smooth and looked flawless. It seemed brighter, more radiant and surprisingly my pore size appeared smaller. Applying makeup was easier than ever because my skin was smooth, supple and hydrated which allowed the foundation to glide right on.
I continued my use for the next 30 days and found the results to get better and better. My skin is now looking the best it ever has and my foundation coverage has become sheerer and sheerer, as I am so proud to let my natural skin texture show through. For a makeup lover, that is the true test of a great product.
Fueled by her love (obsession) of all things beauty, Maree Sye writes from the viewpoint of the everyday woman. Recently transitioning from a decade long career as an executive in the cosmetics industry to her current role as sales manager for a baby goods company, Maree has turned her insider information into a spectator sport. When she is not testing out beauty products and gabbing about them on The Daily Perricone blog, you can find her ramblings on A Little Bit etc, her personal fashion/beauty blog – a blog that is a little bit fashion, a little bit beauty and a whole lot of sass. Follow Maree on twitter @alittlebitetc , Instagram @alittlebitetc, or follow her down the street if you like – most likely she is on her way to pick up a new lipstick.
Forget old-school microdermabrasion that can leave skin red and raw. Forget scrubs made from nutshells and other “scratchy” objects. Forget peels that leave you with red, dry, flaky skin.
Dr. Perricone has created a new way to exfoliate with Blue Plasma. With Blue Plasma you can now deeply (and gently) exfoliate daily with no skin damage, no flakes, no dryness, no increased environmental sensitivity and no down-time thanks to this break through formulation.
What is it?
Blue Plasma is non-acidic daily peel that delivers all the benefits of a traditional peel- minus the surface redness, downtime and irritation.
Is Blue Plasma Right for My Skin?
Blue Plasma has been formulated for all skin types and conditions- even the most sensitive. So whether you suffer from chronic redness associated with rosacea, or are acne prone with stubborn blackheads, Blue Plasma is for you.
What Results Will I See?
You’ll see increased radiance, brightness, and glow which all increase with continued use. However, some of the more immediately gratifying benefits include cleaner (and smaller looking) pores, softened lines and unparalleled softness. Many testers of this product reported seeing cleaner skin after one application.
Skin appears fresher, cleaner and brighter, thanks to the gentle daily resurfacing and vital hydration Blue Plasma imparts. In this way, it is unlike any other exfoliators on the market, which are typically used infrequently, once dead skin has already accumulated.
How Does It Work?
Dr. Perricone used cutting edge cosmeceutical engineering to achieve 3 modes of action with Blue Plasma:
1. Bio-specific peeling of only dead skin cells, preserving healthy ones and accelerating cellular renewal
2. Micro-extraction of surface debris with deep action that purifies the skin of build-up and pollutants.
3. Hydro-fusion with nutrient rich water to smooth, soothe and hydrate skin’s surface.
How Do I Use It?
Apply Blue Plasma on cleansed and toned skin in the evening. Follow with your treatments and/or moisturizers as you normally would.
What are your questions about Blue Plasma?
If you’ve ever wondered if the order in which you apply your products makes a difference, the answer is yes. Certain moisturizers, for example, are formulated with barrier-like ingredients to trap moisturizer in. This of course means that the barrier will also keep out the potent ingredients in your favorite serum. Here are some tips to maximize the benefits from your daily skincare routine:
- Apply products from thinnest to thickest consistency.
- For a basic skincare routine, Dr. Perricone recommends the following 3 Steps: Cleanse, Treat, Moisturize. If you are targeting specific concerns, such as enlarged pores, sun damage, or lack of elasticity, the addition of a toner and targeted treatments is highly recommended.
- The estheticians at our Flagship store recommend massaging cleansers into the skin for 1 minute. If using a Clarisonic brush, you can apply some cleanser directly onto the brush head.
- Don’t be tempted to skip on a “separate” cream for the eyes. The skin around the eye area is especially thin and has the fewest oil glands, which means it needs a higher concentration of nutrients to help prevent the fragile skin from drying out, accentuating fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dr. Perricone recommends an antioxidant-rich treatment to defend skin against environmental damage, dehydration and loss of muscle tone. Apply your serum or treatment on cleansed and toned skin, massaging the product into the skin in a firm upward motion. This gentle massage not only stimulates blood flow, it helps the active firming ingredient, DMAE, do its job.
- Hydrate last to lock in moisture and protect your skin’s natural lipid barrier. Dr. Perricone recommends using a separate sunscreen, rather than a moisturizer with SPF included. This is for two reasons: 1. Most moisturizers with SPF are made with chemical moisturizers (rather than the natural, or physical SPF’s Dr. Perricone uses) and 2. The addition of an SPF means less room for the active ingredients in the moisturizer.
- Avoid products formulated with parabens, mineral oil and phthalates as these ingredients are associated with higher levels of skin irritation.
- Cold Plasma is excellent as a stand alone product to address the 10 signs of aging or, even better as “booster” product, to enhance the results of whatever you apply over it. Note: If using Vitamin C Ester 15, apply that first, then follow with Cold Plasma.
Have a question about your skin? Now you can have a Perricone-trained specialist take a look. Simply email a photo of your skin and a short questionnaire to: email@example.com.
We’ve all heard the phrase “You are what you eat”, but…..why?
It’s because of something Dr. Perricone calls The Brain/Beauty Connection. As he describes it: “When we are in an embryonic state, the layer of cells that eventually develop into skin are also responsible for making brain cells. This Brain-Beauty Connection means that what is therapeutic for the brain is also therapeutic for the skin and the immune system (since the immune system is an extension of the brain). And it doesn’t stop there. Each of the highly targeted foods and nutrients that I recommend for the skin will also strengthen the immune system, protect the cardiovascular system, build muscle, strengthen bone, decrease body fat, enhance athletic performance, improve libido and restore that all important joie de vivre; that sense of well-being, happiness and optimism so necessary for living life to its fullest.”
The good news? You can eat your way to more beautiful skin and sharper cognition, amongst other things.
What have you beauty or mood benefits have you seen from following the anti-inflammatory diet?
Chatting with Dana Bledsoe (our fabulous on-air hostess for Perricone MD on QVC) the other day, I asked her what many people wonder “How do you get that lit-from-within glow?”
As you may have guessed, Perricone MD is her secret. But beyond what she puts on her skin, Dana shared that she tries to enjoy her fruits and vegetables raw whenever possible. She credits eating a partially raw diet with increased energy and that signature glow.
In fact, she relies on two veggies in particular: Watercress and Brussels sprouts. Watercress helps to detoxify the body before anything comes to the surface on the skin (like a breakout) and Brussels sprouts are intensely filling, thanks to their fiber content, and are known to be one of nature’s most potent anti-cancer foods.
- Add a handful of chopped watercress to your everyday salad and gradually increase the ratio of watercress to lettuce.
- Try Brussels sprouts raw. Many people who dislike them intensely are quite surprised when they get a taste of “shaved” or thinly sliced raw brussles sprouts. They’re light and add a delicious crunch to salads.
- Don’t forget to dress your salads with lemon juice and olive oil instead of a packaged dressing.
- Add fresh raw garlic, chives, parsley, chili flake and fresh cracked pepper to your salad for extra flavor.
What are your secrets for glowing skin?
Wouldn’t it be great if someone could simply look at your skin and tell you exactly which products you need? And wouldn’t it even be better if that person is a true expert? We think so too.
Now, you can email a photo of your skin to our team of Perricone MD trained skincare experts who will assess which products are right for your skin. To help in the process, we’ve also included a short questionnaire that you can fill out which will give our experts a better idea of your specific skincare needs. To access our questionnaire, please click here.
To get your personalized skincare consultation, simply email us a copy of the questionnaire and your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For the best assessment, please send in close up photos of your skin without makeup.
We’re cordially inviting you to the first of our fall skincare events, hosted by Sephora and our National Education Manager, Joseph “J.Z” Zarzecki. J.Z and his team will assess your skin and recommend a personalized regimen targeted to address your skincare concerns. Please reserve your appointment in advance as gifts are limited.
Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th
- 118 Christiana Mall
- Newark, DE 19703
- To reserve your appointment today, please call: 302.738.9000
- Complimentary $55 Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum with a $150 purchase
- 3393 Peachtree Rd., NE
- Suite 3042
- Atlanta, GA 30326
- To reserve your appointment, please call: (404) 816-0123
Friday, November 2nd and Saturday, November 3rd
- Sephora Chestnut Street
- 1714 Chestnut St.
- Philadelphia, PA 19103
- To reserve your appointment, please call: 215.563.6112
- Complimentary $55 Vitamin C Ester Serum with a $150 purchase.
What questions would you like to ask the Perricone MD skincare experts?
Its time to raid the fridge in the name of beauty. With a few basic kitchen staples, you can create some fast beauty fixes- and while you won’t be getting powerful, cosmeceutical-like results, you can trust them to nourish skin with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Generally speaking, if you can eat it, you can safely massage it into your skin.
Beauty Fixes for…
Puffy Eyes: Chamomile Tea.
Directions: Brew chamomile tea. After letting bags cool, apply to each eye. Leave on eye for 10 minutes. The calming, anti-inflammatory chamomile and coolness of the water help eliminate swelling around the eyes. For a more intensive treatment anytime, freeze the brewed tea in your ice trays. Wrap the frozen tea cube into cheese cloth or wash cloth and apply to any area that is red or swollen.
Dry Body: Sugar-it does have a beauty use after all- as a body exfoliator. Sugar actually does double duty as an exfoliator. As a natural alpha hydroxyl acid, sugar chemically exfoliates the skin, while the granules manually exfoliate. This intensive, yet gentle, homemade sugar scrub leaves skin hydrated, smooth and baby soft.
Directions: Mix together approximately 1/4 cup of sugar (brown is preferred) and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Rub gently onto the body in circular motions in an upward motion and rinse with warm water. Bonus: While you’re still damp from your shower or bath, apply Cold Plasma Body and massage it all over for anti-aging and firming benefits for the body.
Dry skin: Avocado- the ultimate nourishing food. With high concentrations of vitamins C, E and essential fatty acids, avocados make an ideal hydrating mask for especially dry or delicate skin.
Directions: Mash 1/2 of a ripe avocado in a bowl. For increased spreadability, you can add a teaspoon of olive, coconut or sweet almond oil. Let the mixture sit on your face for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
What are your favorite do-it-yourself beauty treatments?
Everyone stresses that exfoliating is critical to the successful application of any self tanner- and it’s true. This is because the active ingredient that creates the tanned skin effect, DHA, attaches more to dead skin cells than to healthy cells.
Also key for maintaining an even wearing tan post-application is ongoing hydration of the skin. With most conventional self tanners, the driest skin stays tan the longest (again, that DHA loves dry, dead skin). However, with the No Sun Tanner’s emollient-rich formulation and buildable color- you’ll avoid the common “patchy look” pitfall.
What are your self tanning tips?