One of the most popular Start Fresh recipes, this delicious and easy to prepare dish is an excellent source of detoxifying asparagus and watercress. White beans add a toothsome texture, a bit of protein and starch resistant fiber to keep blood sugar stable. Pair with a lean protein of your choice for a delicious anti inflammatory meal.
- 5 stalks green asparagus, tough ends removed
- One 15-ounce can white beans (such as cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups B&W watercress, trimmed
- Bring water to a simmer in a vegetable steamer.
- Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces, place them in a steamer basket, cover and lightly steam, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the white beans, bell pepper, and red onion. Add the asparagus and toss gently. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss the dressing into the salad and adjust the seasoning.
- Line a salad bowl with the watercress, and top with the white bean salad.
What’s your favorite Perricone MD recipe?