This is a great recipe for a holiday side dish combining Dr. Perricone’s favorite winter squash, with anti-inflammatory powerhouses turmeric and cinnamon.
- 1½ pound butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, halved crosswise, then cut lengthwise into ¾-inch-wide wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1-inch-wide wedges
- 1 large onion, root end left intact, then cut lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°.
- Combine squash, fennel, and onion on heavy large rimmed baking sheet. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Mix all spices in small bowl to blend. Sprinkle spice mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and generous amount of pepper.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, turning once, about 45 minutes. Transfer to shallow dish and serve.
What are your favorite healthy holiday dishes?