This recipe combines two Omega-3 rich superstars- salmon and walnuts. Walnuts are thought to help support healthy capillaries by fortifying the endothelial cells. Serve with a watercress salad for a detoxifying yet satisfying treat.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce skin-on, center-cut salmon fillets, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
1. Place raw walnuts into a mini food processor until finely chopped.
2. Spread them on a plate.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Use nonstick cooking oil spray to grease a baking dish large enough to hold the salmon fillets in a single layer.
5. Whisk together the honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
6. Generously brush the tops and sides of the fillets with the mixture.
7. Use your hands to press the top of each fillet onto the plate of walnuts, making sure to coat the top evenly and completely. As you work, arrange each coated fillet in the baking dish, skin side down.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or to the desired degree of doneness.
9. Serve warm.
What are your favorite ways to fix salmon?