Eating a diet rich in fish will put you on the fast track to good skin. This is an ideal dish to help repair signs of aging like sun damage from the inside out. Here’s a delicious recipe and deceptively easy recipe adapted from epicurious.com.
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed
- 2 ½ lb (1-inch-thick) halibut fillets
- 1 ½ large lemons, thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Chop half of capers and pat fish dry.
3. Sprinkle fish with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
4. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
5. Arrange half of lemon slices in 1 layer in an 8-inch square glass baking dish and arrange fish in 1 layer over lemon.
6. Top with all of capers, remaining lemon slices, and 3 tablespoons parsley, then pour oil over fish.
7. Bake in middle of oven, uncovered, until fish just flakes and is cooked through, about 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
Serve fish with some of lemon slices, capers, and oil spooned over. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon parsley. Bon appétit!