Kale is one of the most nutritionally dense superfoods and when eaten regularly helps give skin clarity and radiance. In fact, one cup of kale contains:
- 2.5 grams of protein
- 354 percent of your RDA for vitamin A (beta-carotene)
- 89 percent of your RDA for vitamin C
- 1328 percent of your RDA for vitamin K
- 27 percent of your RDA for manganese
Kale Salad with Blueberry, Goji and Avocado
- 2 small bunches of washed kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries (you can soak them if they’re very hard or dry)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked overnight, drained
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- Sea Salt
- White Pepper
1. Remove stems and center ribs from kale. Stack leaves and thinly slice crosswise into ribbons.
2. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and white pepper. Using hands, massage oil and salt into kale leaves. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add Goji berries, pumpkin seeds and blueberries to salad, and toss to mix.
4. Divide between individual plates, top with avocado, and serve.
Some find that Kale has somewhat of a fishy flavor. To minimize this stronger flavor, massage raw kale with olive oil and lemon juice for at least 10 minutes.
How do you like to enjoy Kale?