Hazelnuts, walnuts or sunflower seeds may be used in place of almonds in this delicious, heart-healthy recipe.
- ½ cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated organic lemon zest (use organic lemons;non-organic lemon rind is treated with fungicide)
- Dash of sea salt and fresh pepper
- Two 6-ounce (185-g) wild salmon skinless fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed organic baby greens (arugula/rocket, mesclun,spinach, etc.)
- Lemon wedges
- Grind the almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor—do not overgrind and turn them into a paste.
- Mix ground almonds, parsley, grated lemon zest, salt, and pepper on plate.
- Dry the salmon; dredge salmon on both sides in the almond mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the salmon and cook about 5 minutes on each side, making sure that the salmon is cooked through.
- Arrange 1 cup of greens—such as spinach, or a mix of greens such as baby lettuce, arugula/rocket, turnip or mustard greens, herbs,endive, and escarole—on each of 2 plates.
- Transfer the hot salmon fillets to plates.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
What are your favorite ways to prepare salmon?