This is the perfect anti-inflammatory side dish or salad topper. You can also add cayenne pepper and chile to give these a subtle heat.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white with 1 tablespoon water. Stir in the pecans, mixing until well moistened.
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the moistened nuts. Spread the nuts on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Be careful not to burn the nuts. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.