This innovative, Start-Fresh inspired breakfast comes to us from Ashley B. This recipe is a perfect anti-inflammatory breakfast and great to take to the office for long distance commuters.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes Serves: 2
Quinoa Cake Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup organic white quinoa (makes about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 organic omega 3 eggs, beaten
- A handful of organic spinach
- A handful of organic kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 2-3 organic broccoli florets, chopped
- A chunk of organic red onion, diced
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt, freshly ground pepper, curry powder and kelp seasoning (or a seasoning blend of your liking)
Italian Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic basil, loosely packed, chopped
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Daiya Shredded “Mozzarella”, organic Pecorino-Romano cheese or organic feta cheese
- 1-2 organic garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- Organic, virgin coconut oil for sautéing and spreading on quinoa cake
Note: Preparing quinoa ahead of time should cut cooking time in half.
- Cook quinoa for 10 minutes or until fluffy
- Add all of the quinoa cake ingredients into the pot and mix
- Spread the ingredients into a sauté pan and cover with a lid, cooking until cake binding eggs are firm (you can also split the mix into 2 cakes)
- While the quinoa cake is cooking, prepare the chutney by sautéing the ingredients, garlic first, in the coconut oil until desired doneness and/or cheese is melted
- Spread a bit of coconut oil on cake and top with chutney, enjoy!