Consider this salad a recipe for glowing skin. More nutrient dense and less caloric than a traditional Caesar salad, this blend of detoxing and hydrating vegetables packs a serious anti-aging punch. Included in the dressing are anchovies, which are among the health and beauty seeker’s best kept secrets. One of the best bonues? They’re very high in the skin-firming nutrient DMAE and glow boosting Omega-3’s.
- 1 large head Kale, cut into 1-inch strips.
- 1 bunch watercress, cut into 2-to 3-inch strips.
- 6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- 4 stalks celery with leaves, thinly sliced.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved.
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8 oil packed anchovy fillets, drained and chopped.
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the Kale and Watercress with the radishes, celery, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Combine the olive oil, anchovies, minced garlic in a small saucepan over moderate heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is slightly golden, about 7 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season generously with pepper.
- Pour the warm dressing over the salad. Season lightly with sea salt and toss again. Serve warm.
Enjoy in good health! What are your favorite dishes for glowing skin?