Beauty is only skin deep – well sort of. Treating just the exterior part of ourselves is only half the battle. What we put in our bodies is just as important as what we put on the body. As a firm believer in this concept, Dr. Perricone became one of the first brands to introduce vitamins and supplements in this beauty forum, making it accessible right alongside your favorite moisturizer and eye cream. One of his newest introductions is the Hair and Nails Formula, a 30 day program with customized supplements such as Biotin, Omega 3 and antioxidants designed to replenish and strengthen your hair and nail health. There are 4 pills to take per day and it is rationed out for you in 30 packets. I do recommend being diligent to taken them every day so that you can gauge the results. Intermittent use will most likely not yield the most effective results.
As someone who has pretty good hair and strong nails (if I do say so myself), I was curious to see what effects this would have. After just 2 weeks, I noticed how white the tips of nails were looking and how shiny they were without polish. And as an avid polish lover, I reveled in my naked nails for a bit. For a bit – a nail leopard can never really change their spots right? As for my hair, I am plagued with an oily scalp and dry ends but after a month, I saw a definite change in how balanced my hair had become, how shiny it looked and how it seemed to be growing at a Rapunzel rate. Results like this simply delight me.
Now that my locks are glossy and nails long, the question is how to style them for the Fall season? Here is a look at some of the top Fall 2012 trends to take inspiration from for the next trip to the salon.
- Hair Embellishments – These are not your childhood headbands and accessories. Think adornment. Think bejeweled. Think glamour. Decorative head pieces and beaded clips are a perfect way to add a bit of sparkle to any look.
- A Sleek Ponytail – This trend is certainly not reinventing the wheel. Rather than simply throwing your hair up at the end of a long day, use some smoothing crème, a comb and gather at the nape of your neck to create a sleek ponytail that is actually intentional.
- Style with a twist – A play on a standard braid or bun. Try twisting the hair to get an updated effect. Twist the layers that frame the face and pin back for a boho-chic look, or twist your sleek ponytail around and pin in place for a quick up-do.
- Dark and Moody Nails – As the weather gets colder, nothing spruces up dry, freezing hands like a deliciously dark manicure. Standard shades of crimson and bordeaux are lovely, but try to shake things up by going for dark navy and slate grey. And once your digits are donned in the season’s hottest shade, don’t tuck them away in bulky mittens, invest in some fingerless gloves to give them the just attention they deserve.
- Colored Tips – A twist on the traditional French manicure, try trading your white tips for a bold blue, red or even metallic. Keeping the rest of the nail neutral is the key to making this trend wearable and applicable to daily life.
- Nail Art – For the more boldly inclined, nail art is quickly becoming quite de rigueur. Experiment yourself or visit a professional, this trend can be a fun way to edge out a look without making a big statement. And the best part of nail art is – it can come off. Temporary trends are always the best ones to try.
What hair or nail trends will you try this fall?
Fueled by her love (obsession) of all things beauty, Maree Sye writes from the viewpoint of the everyday woman. Recently transitioning from a decade long career as an executive in the cosmetics industry to her current role as sales manager for a baby goods company, Maree has turned her insider information into a spectator sport. When she is not testing out beauty products and gabbing about them on The Daily Perricone blog, you can find her ramblings on A Little Bit etc, her personal fashion/beauty blog – a blog that is a little bit fashion, a little bit beauty and a whole lot of sass. Follow Maree on twitter @alittlebitetc , Instagram @alittlebitetc, or follow her down the street if you like – most likely she is on her way to pick up a new lipstick.