Cantaloupe is one of nature’s most hydrating foods. Packed with vitamin A and C, this melon travels easily and is an excellent make-ahead snack to take on flights to keep the body hydrated from the inside out. We like to pair cantaloupe with lime, mint and ginger for flavorful, anti-inflammatory snack.
- 1 cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons raw agave syrup (optional)
- Cut cantaloupe into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes (about 5 cups) and place in large bowl.
- Add lime juice, mint, and lime peel; toss to blend.
- Mix in ginger, and agave (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring occasionally, up to 3 hours.
Bon appétit! What make-ahead snacks do like to travel with?