Adding these anti-inflammatory spices to your daily shake or juice can result in serious health benefits. If you don’t have a daily shake, consider adding these to Dr. Perricone’s Metabolic Shake (below).
- Raw cocoa contains Phenylethylamine (PEA) which is a chemical made in our body when we fall in love. It increases focus, alertness, and serves as a natural appetite suppressant.
- Cardamom not only gives chai it’s delicious flavor, but it has been used in Ayurevedic medicine for centuries to improve digestion and stimulate the metabolism. Its thought to detoxify the body of caffeine, cleanse the kidneys and improves circulation to the lungs.
- Gingeradds a bright zing and contains gingerols which reduce pain associated with arthritis. Ginger also reduces symptoms associated with motion sickness including dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating.
The Metabolic Shake
1. Puree 1/3 cup of blueberries, raspberries or mixed berries of your choice in a blender or mix 1 teaspoon of non-Dutched processed cocoa with stevia and a little hot water. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil to either the berries or the cocoa and blend until smooth.
3. Add 6-8 ounces of liquid egg white and stir. Do not blend, as this will make the drink too foamy.