Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, “Wow, I look tired”, even though you know you’ve been getting enough sleep?
What you might be noticing are dark circles under your eye area, and lack of sleep isn’t necessarily the culprit. You could actually be dehydrated, not tired. To revive tired looking eyes follow these tips:
- Start by drinking an 8 oz glass of pure spring water. All cellular processes take place in the presence of water, and good hydration enables your skin cells to expel waste and intake nutrients in a timely manner.
- Pop some Omega-3’s. Essential fatty acids are an excellent way to hydrate the skin from the inside out.
- Slice refrigerated cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes. This is not only calming, but helps to mitigate puffiness as well.
- Hydrate and hide it. Apply a light weight, vitamin-based serum containing skin Vitamins C, E and sodium hyauluronic acid, followed by a non-creasing, hydrating concealer. Perhaps the best combination to fix this situation is the Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum followed by the No Concealer Concealer SPF 35. Eyes look instantly line-free, hydrated and fresh- AND it looks like you have nothing on your skin.
- Head to the kitchen. Forage for foods containing Vitamin C and antioxidants that strengthen skin’s capillaries to reduce the blueish undertone of dark circles. Excellent skin strengtheners include: cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley.
What are your eye reviving tips?