What’s your skin concern? Acne? Wrinkles? Lack of radiance? Whatever your skin woe, spinach will help. Plentiful in the “basic” Vitamins A, C & E, spinach packs a serious beauty-enriching nutritional punch. Spinach also contains:
- Dozens of flavanoids and carotenoids, which help fight against inflammation and other systemic diseases, such as cancer.
- Vitamin C, which helps to maintain the body’s collagen and elastin structure, giving skin it’s supple quality.
- Lutein for clear and healthy eyes
- Beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium, making it an excellent antioxidant and an ideal food to help prevent breakouts on acne prone skin.
- The high level of vitamin K in spinach helps maintain strong bones.
- Researchers are beginning to discover links between the health of our nervous system and the unique phytonutrients in the chenopod plant family, which includes spinach, beets and chard.
What are your favorite ways to incorporate spinach into your diet?