Ever stand inches away from the mirror, closely examining your face because you’re sure you see a wrinkle that was absolutely not there the day before? Relax. Time does not march on quite that fast.
In fact, time is not your skin’s greatest enemy. The natural aging process gets a tremendous push from these major external factors:
- sun exposure- as evidenced by this recent picture that’s caused a flurry of posts and sharing
- cigarette smoke (inhaled or second hand)
- environmental toxins
- a nutrition-poor diet, especially one lacking in vitamins A, C, E and folic acid; yet high in fat and salt
- excess alcohol consumption
- harsh soaps or detergent-based moisturizers
- sleep deprivation
How do you guard against environmental factors of aging?