Claire shares her tips on how to make the best tasting Metabolic shake from Dr. Perricone’s Forever Young
The basic recipe for the Metabolic Diet shake can be found here.
Metabolic Formula Shake Tips:
- If you’re doing the Metabolic Diet, I highly recommend the Metabolic Formula supplements. They cut cravings and help keep me energized.
- I use frozen blueberries from Vital Choice. I defrost them for 45 seconds in the microwave and add 2-3 teaspoons of water to help them blend more smoothly.
- For the egg whites; just make sure they’re pasteurized. I like Eggology.
- Thoroughly mix the blueberries before you add the egg whites. Once I add the egg whites, I only do a quick blend, so it’s not too frothy in texture.
- Add some chia seeds to the shake to help keep you full
- I also add coconut oil for EFA benefits. I microwave the coconut oil for under 10 seconds, so its liquid. Then I slowly add it to the shake to prevent clumping.
How do you make your shake?