- Dimethylamino Ethanol (DMAE), a natural occurring substance found in small amounts in the brain. DMAE is considered to be a precursor to acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter in healthy nerve signal conduction and function.
- DMAE is considered to be a mood elevator. It also is credited with raising and improving cognitive functions such as memory and concentration.
- DMAE is found in fish, salmon, and especially sardines (which is probably why fish is known as “brain food”)
- DMAE promotes healthy skin in two ways: 1. It protects the integrity of cell membranes, the deterioration of which can lead to premature aging 2.
- It helps to inhibit the manufacture of arachidonic acid, which can lead to wrinkles and aging of the skin. To diminish levels of arachadonic acid, you can take DMAE internally as a nutritional supplement, eat DMAE rich foods, or apply it in a topical formulation to the skin to decrease sagging and increase muscle tone.
To find anti aging treatments with DMAE for face and body please click here.