If you’ve given up on red meat to lose weight and miss it, there is good news. Grass- fed beef is one of the best sources of a powerful fatty acid that has been linked to healthy weight management and demonstrated to posses anti aging health benefits in clinical studies. This potent nutrient is called Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). Benefits of CLA include:
- Decreased blood sugar and circulating insulin levels.
- Blocked absorption of fat and sugar into fat cells
- A reduction in the actual size of the fat cells (one reason people gain weight as they age is that their fat cells literally become fatter)
- Aids in prevention of muscle loss and weakness associated with aging and disease
- Preserves lean muscle mass
For more information on CLA, please read Chapter 3 of Forever Young.