Superstar detoxifiers Artichoke, Watercress and lemon juice are combined to make this a savory and slimming soup. Serve this with some Wild Alaskan Salmon the night before an event to banish fluid retention and get glowing skin.
- Two 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup rice
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 cups packed (2 bunches or bags) B&W watercress (a few sprigs reserved for garnish, the remainder cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine the broth and rice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the rice is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place the artichoke hearts, eggs, and lemon juice in a blender and puree. With the machine running, ladle about half of the rice mixture through the opening in the cover, and puree until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160F, reducing the heat as necessary to prevent the soup from boiling.
- Stir in the dill, watercress and pepper. Garnish with the reserved sprigs of watercress.
For more Start Fresh recipes, please click here.