This elegant and simple recipe from Forever Young contains two superfoods- salmon and watercress- as well as the anti inflammatory all star spice, cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds wild salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon mild smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon (available at most supermarkets)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 bunches B&W watercress
- Mix the orange juice, the 2 tablespoons oil, and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in a small bowl. Place the salmon in a large glass baking dish, add the marinade, and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking dish with foil and grease the foil.
- Mix the paprika, cinnamon, orange zest, sea salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place it in the prepared baking dish; discard any remaining marinade. Rub the smoked paprika mixture evenly over the salmon. Roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Wash and trim the watercress. Heat the remaining teaspoon oil, add the watercress, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Serve the salmon over the watercress.
For more anti aging recipes, please go to the Start Fresh Menu.