The holidays are notorious for overindulgence in both food and drink. To help you stay slim through the New Year, follow these 5 tips to help you cut down on saturated fat and calories:
- Enjoy a cup of hot soup before meals. This will greatly decrease hunger and ensure that you eat less during cocktail parties or heavy holiday dinners.
- When cooking, choose organic free range poultry that is free of hormones. The hormones are designed to fatten the birds and can end up fattening you as well.
- Eat artichokes! They not only protect and regenerate the liver, they provide an entire day’s worth of fiber. This ensures that you won’t overate and that you will maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- High fiber foods such as dried beans and lentils make great dips. Beans and lentils prompt more burning of body fat, stabilize blood sugar more strongly, and pack much more protein than any other plant food family.
- Enjoy spicy salsas made with Jalapeño peppers. The capsaicin in the peppers will accelerate metabolism, speed up fat burning and decrease appetite.
What are your tips to stay slim during the holidays?