A nationally renowned Esthetician, today’s guest blogger, Sueane Mun is also endowed with an all-encompassing interest in holistic health. She brings to the Perricone MD Flagship Store over a decade of professional experience in the fashion & beauty industry combined with rigorous training in the Eastern Healing Arts.
Being located amidst all the hustle and bustle of New York has its advantages, but it can take a toll on our skin! Car exhaust, pollution and other environmental toxins can build up on our skin leading to dull, congested complexions. It’s no wonder that one of our most popular facials we offer at the Flagship is the Deep Pore Cleansing Facial. Here are some secrets for a deep pore cleanse at home:
- Smart exfoliation: I’m a huge fan of the Cleansing Treatment Bar which contains Glycolic acid. Glycolic acid helps to dissolve the debris in pores and gives a beautiful clarity to the skin. With the Cleansing Treatment Bar, you get both a deep cleansing and exfoliation in one step. This is much more effective than a scrub that merely scratches the skin’s surface.
- Decollete Neglect: I see this often. Don’t forget to pay attention your neck and chest! These areas show skin blemishes and aging just as much as your face does.
- Cleanser and a Mask: you can actually leave the Cleansing Treatment Bar on for a few additional minutes as a deep pore cleansing mask.
- Steam Wisely: If you choose to steam at home, do so for no more than 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, hopping in the shower with a mask on will provide similar benefits.
- Don’t abuse the brush: Not everyone needs a cleansing brush. If you have active acne, they can actually spread the bacteria causing more breakouts. If you have a Clarisonic, ensure that you are using the appropriate brush head for your skin type and do not push the brush into your skin.
What are your tips for a deep pore cleanse? Visit this page for more acne related resources.