It has been well over ten years since I introduced the concept that inflammation is at the basis of aging and age-related disease in the publication of my first book, The Wrinkle Cure. This sub-clinical inflammation is at the basis of diverse age-related diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, various forms of cancer, Alzheimer’s and other neurological diseases, as well as wrinkling of the skin.
To treat this inflammation, I created the anti-inflammatory diet, which consists of the following components:
- high-quality protein, like that found in fish, shellfish, poultry and tofu
- low-glycemic (will not provoke a glycemic response when consumed in moderation) carbohydrates including colorful fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains such as old-fashioned oatmeal, legumes such as beans and lentils
- healthy fats, such as those found in cold water fish (especially wild Alaskan salmon, halibut, sardines, herring, anchovies, etc.), nuts, seeds, and olive oil
- 6 – 8 glasses of pure spring water per day
- Antioxidant rich beverages such as green tea
These foods and beverages act as natural anti-inflammatories and help to maintain normal levels of insulin and blood sugar. The incomparable health and beauty benefits of the anti-inflammatory diet are visible in just three days. Try my 3-day Nutritional Facelift Diet and see the results for yourself! Click here for diet details.
Have you tried Dr. Perricone’s 3-Day Nutritional Facelift Diet? If so, tell us about your experience!