Yoga is a fantastic way to decrease stress and fatigue. This pose, particularly when paired with other poses in a restorative sequence, can be done to relax at the end of the day.
- Go onto the floor on your hands and knees.
- Place your knees directly below your hips and your hands slightly in front of your shoulders.
- Press your palms onto the floor and tuck your toes under.
- Exhaling, lift your knees away from the floor and extend your legs.
- Press the knuckles of your index fingers down as you extend your arms.
- Draw the inner edges of your shoulder blades in toward your back as you lengthen your torso toward the hips.
- Press your thighs back as you draw your knees up and lower your heels toward the floor.
- Breathe into the pose for five to ten breaths, working your way up to 1 to 3 minutes.
Learn more yoga poses and the full “Restorative Sequence for Stress and Fatigue” in Forever Young.
Have you ordered your copy of Forever Young yet?