Would you like to drop 5, 10 or more pounds fast? Eliminate these foods that sabotage the plans of even the most dedicated dieter:
- Juice (go for the fresh fruit instead)
- Sweetened yogurt. Yogurt is a superb weight loss food. However, added sugars and fruits may impair survival of the cultures that make yogurt and other cultured dairy foods (kefir, acidophilus milk) so important. And will also greatly increase the calorie content. Top your unsweetened yogurt with fresh fruit instead.
- Sugar. In addition to packing on the pounds, sugar and high glycemic carbs contribute to cellular inflammation in all organ systems, including skin—which means increased wrinkles and sagging!
- Corn and rice cakes. These low-calorie goodies pack a major glycemic punch—spiking blood sugar and insulin and putting a lock on body fat.
- Processed foods including bake mixes, puddings, cookies, pre-prepared meals, snack foods and baked goods made with refined flours, chemical additives and the deadly trans fatty acids and unhealthy vegetable oils. Stick to healthy fats such as extra virgin olive oil and natural unprocessed foods.
Why? Because we need to avoid the sharp rises in blood sugar that result in the release of insulin, which results in the storage of body fat. To make matters even worse, this “insulin overload” effect creates a vicious cycle of craving for foods (sweets, pastries, pasta, and white flour foods) that rapidly convert to sugar in our blood stream.
Are you trying to shed a few pounds? Tell me you are going to cut out of your diet to reach your goal.